Smoothies - do they really work?

21:13 Unknown 0 Comments

I've been hearing lots of talk about the health benefits of including smoothies in your diet recently, so I've decided to give them a try to see if they live up to the hype.

 Image source: Deliciously Ella

I've been struggling with eating healthily at the moment. I'm not too bad in the week -although I do tend to snack too much on cereal bars - it's the weekend that ruins me. I tend to eat too much junk and chocolate! So, I've decided to start each day this week with a healthy smoothie for breakfast. I don't often sit down and eat breakfast in the morning, so this way I can put it into a drink bottle and drink it on the train. I've been feeling pretty tired recently, so I'm hoping it gives me the boost I need. I'm also hoping that starting the day with something healthy, might encourage me to continue to make good choices during the day (well that's the theory anyway!).

I've been following the Deliciously Ella blog quite a bit and I'm really keen to get her book. I've not tried any of her recipes before, but I've decided that I'm going to use a few of her smoothie recipes. She seems to know what she's talking about and if they help me look half as good as her I'll be super happy!!

So here's the plan:

Monday - The Easiest Breakfast Smoothie

Tuesday - Green Coconut Smoothie

Wednesday - Mango and Cashew Smoothie

Thursday - The Perfect Peach Smoothie

Friday - The Easiest Breakfast Smoothie (if it goes well on Monday)

Saturday - The Ultimate Blueberry and Banana Breakfast Smoothie

Sunday - Banana Date and Almond Shake

I'll let you know next week how I get on.

Have you tried smoothies? I'd love to see your favourite recipes.

J x


0 comments :