The heart of our home

14:19 Unknown 6 Comments

Last year we had a huge extension which, although was an absolute nightmare at the time, was well worth the stress and upheaval.

It's been approximately 9 months since the main bulk of the work finished and we're now all getting used to the extra space. I particularly love our kitchen/dining/family space, which really is the heart of our home.



For years I've always loved houses that have a kitchen/diner that's really light and airy and provides a great entertaining space. I love watching property and home renovation television programmes and have been so envious when houses have this type of beautiful space.

When we were planning our extension I knew straightaway that I wanted roof windows in the ceiling above the dining area and bi-folding doors that open right up to bring the outside in - it was so exciting to finally be able to create this sort of space!

Whilst planning, and also during, our extention I spent so much time on Pinterest (check out my kitchen/diner board here) and websites like VELUX to get inspiration and ideas, and I'm really pleased with the finished look. As a family we spend so much time in there, cooking, eating, playing, chatting and working - it really is the heart of our home. We've also had a few shindigs with our friends, particularly over Christmas, and it's perfect for entertaining - the little sitting area makes a great dance floor!





We love our new space and couldn't be happier with it. I think this area, and my new dressing room are definitely my favourite rooms in our house.

Which room in your house is your favourite?

J xx


Please note this post was written in collaboration with VELUX however all thoughts and ideas are my own. I only write about products and brands I honestly rate and would be happy to use and promote.

 

6 comments :

  1. I love your kitchen! We were planning an extension and new kitchen but it's all been put on hold for now. I am desperate to get on with it and seeing lovely kitchens like this makes me think we should just throw caution to the wind and crack on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! It was definitely worth the agony. Good luck with your project. Jemma x

      Delete
  2. Aaah it's beautiful Jemma!!! So lovely! :)

    I'm *desperate* to do our kitchen. It's the one room we've just been 'making do' with and I'm getting to the point that I can't bear it!! Seeing your lovely clean worktops makes me so envious! The ones in our kitchen are so old and stained — YUK — no amount of bleach will bring them back to life!! Thanks so much for linking up with #HomeEtc — hope to see you again next week! x

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just catching up! The problem is, is that kitchens are so expensive! I hope you get round to doing yours soon! Jemma x

      Delete
  3. It's just stunning lovely - absolutely adore what you've done and have serous space envy! Bet the family love being in it and that it's perfect for the little ones :) Jess

    #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just catching up! Thanks Jess. Your kitchen in your new place is stunning too! It's great having a nice big kitchen that the whole family can be in! Jemma x

      Delete