Things I'm loving lately - September

19:44 Unknown 0 Comments

I've been meaning to join in with this monthly roundup, created by Emma at Little Wood Life, for a while now. However, with settling into my new job and training for my half marathon, my blog has taken a back seat for a while. But, now my half marathon has been run (phew!) and work is going well, I'm hoping to be able to post more frequently.

At the end of every month I'm planning to do a little round up of all the things I've been loving that month. So, without further ado, here's September's...

Beauty

As a working mum of three life, as you can imagine, can be pretty hectic at times, so finding time to get my hair done can be a bit of a struggle. I'm really lucky in that Simon's Sister is a fab hairdresser who does my hair at home. However, it can be difficult getting diaries to align at times, which means that those horrid pesky grey hairs (of which I have lots!) are sometimes more visible than I would like! That was until I came across the Charles Worthington Instant Root Concealer, which is amazing. The brown matches my hair colour perfectly and after a quick spray at my roots and all my grey hairs magically disappears. I'm really impressed and it's great if you've got a night out or special occasion coming up and aren't able to get to your colourist!


This month I've also discovered the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, which for £3.99 is an amazing bargain. I normally use Clinique Superpowder Double powder, which I absolutely love. However, I usually ask for it for my birthday and Christmas and I just couldn't justify spending £25 on it, just because. Lots of bloggers rave about this so I thought I'd give it a try and I've been really impressed. This will definitely see me through until Christmas and is a great bargain buy.


Fashion

With the weather being so unpredictable I've been struggling to get into the autumn/winter wardrobe mindset. However, I did buy this classic beige mac from Next, which goes with most outfits and is something I can also wear to work. It's a real classic and at £55, I don't think it's bad. I know I'm going to get lots of wear out of it.


Home

I've got a real thing for candles at the moment and this £3 bargain from Matalan smells absolutely divine and looks good too. 


Food

This month I've spent a lot of time training for my half marathon, so I've been having these Banana Loafs by Soreen as a pre-race snack. I often run after work, before dinner, and these are great for fuelling my runs. The kids also love them too, so they don't hang around for very long! The added bonus is that it feels like you're having a lovely treat, but at around 90 calories they aren't going to spoil the diet!



So there you have it, all the things I've been loving in September. If you enjoyed this post, you should also check out Emma's roundup over at the beautiful Little Wood Life.

J xx

0 comments :